Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Porter's first meal




It's hard to believe that Porter is 7 months old now! Seems like yesterday we brought the little nugget home. As with Sloane, Porter nursed exclusively for 6 months and has now broken free to expand his little gourmet experiences beyond breastmilk. This is always bittersweet for me - sad to have broken the bond between mother and child and excited to have FREEDOM to feed babies with something other than ME so that I can go places without having to worry about it. Honestly, I didn't think I would make it 6 months the second time around but my resolve proved to be stronger than my whining. Porter is the easiest baby in the universe and switching him to a bottle and formula was a non-issue. (As were his first teeth, solid foods, sleeping through the night, etc.) His first solid food meal was rice cereal out of the nice pewter bowl and spoon given to us by our dear friends Vaughn and Katie Olson. Here's to the future of adventurous (and messy) eating!

1 comment:

Clover said...

I am always a little bittersweet about that coming to an end too. But then again, it is so nice not to have to ask your boobs permission to leave your house!

And I LOVE starting solids. I suppose it's the foodie in me. But it's fun to watch them experience new tastes for the first time. Even the ones they reject instantly.

So cheers for saying so long to being the main source of nourishment, and for introducing Porter to the wonders of pureed everything!